Don’t Be Blindsided By What You Don’t Know About Adding Employees In The U.S.
A Canadian or International company wanting to hire employees in the U.S. will soon face challenges very different than their own country. Just knowing what paperwork is required to be compliant with State and Federal laws can be daunting not to mention finding a way to affordably offer competitive benefit packages. “50 states can seem like 50 countries” in terms of understanding and maintaining current labor laws compliance. We simplify the maze of complexity in the U.S. and provide you with the tools you need to better manage, attract and retain the talent you need without the hassle and distraction of studying up on U.S. labor laws and setting-up costly in-house or multi-vendor solutions.
Take a Look at These “Eye Opening” Facts…
- There are over 47 federal regulatory compliance laws in existence and 60% of U.S. court cased are employee or contractor related
- Extensive rules are associated with federal and State laws, privacy legislation, retirement savings plans, compensation, Obama Care (ACA), ADA, EEO, FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA, OSHA and other employer responsibilities.
- Significant potential fines and penalties if independent contractors are deemed to be employees by the IRS
- Over 40 state have their own private Workers Compensation Insurance with specific laws and procedures when hiring new employees or administering workers compensation.
- 8 states require workers compensation be set up with the appropriate state to avoid non- compliance, fines and penalties
- Offering U.S. employees the same benefits your own country employees have doesn’t work
- A major issue for all companies expanding into the U.S. is how to best handle the multi-state benefits programs, cost containment and the complexity and expense of U.S. healthcare that changes rapidly. Just look at the complexity of managing the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care).
If that wasn’t bad enough…
The companies that think they can figure out the complexities of the U.S. labor market end up spending countless hours trying to set-up an in-house solution or put together a patch work of vendors, none of whom see the big picture. These “go it alone” solutions are time consuming, expensive and often fail to provide complete and fully compliant solutions….Even U.S. companies struggle with this!
It’s a time consuming distraction from your core business.
You Can Have a Fully Compliant Solution Ready For You In A Few Weeks or Less…
At ChannelPoint, we specialize in helping Canadian and International companies expand into the U.S. by providing fully compliant HR services including payroll, workers compensation, entity compliance, employment labor law compliance, HR administration tasks and competitive health benefits. We’ve already done the heavy legwork for you.
When planning to recruit, attract and retain key people in the U.S. turn to the independent answers and advice of ChannelPoint for the right solution to match your needs.